The Provincial Government of Papua calls on residents who want to perform the Eid Al-Adha prayer on July 31, 2020, to continue to comply with the Covid protocol to prevent transmission of the coronavirus.
Ministry of Religious Affairs Republik Indonesia
Covid protocols referred to as guidance on the implementation of Eid al-Adha prayer and animal slaughtering in 1441 H/2020 as circular letter number 18 year 2020, which was recently published by the Ministry of Religious Affairs.
"There is already a protocol Covid from Ministry of Religious Affairs Republik Indonesia and we hope this can be obeyed by the community who later worship or pray in the mosque," explained the assistant of the economy and welfare of the people of Papua, Muhammad Musa'ad, Tuesday (28/7/2020).
Musa'ad also reminded about slaughtering procedures and the division of animal sacrifices in order to follow the Covid protocol as the contents of circular letters.
"But to be able to perform Eid al-Adha prayer in the district and the city is indeed the authority of the regent and Mayor".
"Those who know the situation better in the area, so that if allowed to hold prayers we can only give encouragement to follow the protocol Covid, as well as the slaughter and division of animal Sacrifice," he explained.
There are several rules in the implementation of Eid al-Adha prayer and sacrificial animal slaughtering in the pandemic period as the contents of circular letter number 18 year 2020, including:
1. Prepare officers to undertake and supervise health protocols in the area where the implementation;
2. Perform cleaning and disinfection in the area of implementation;
3. Limit the number of doors/lanes entry place of implementation to facilitate the application and supervision of health protocols;
4. Provide hand washing facilities/soap/hand sanitizer in the entry line;
5. Provide a temperature checking tool at each door entry. If a congregation has a temperature of 37.5 degrees Celsius or higher, and 2 times a check with a 5 minute delay is still the same, then the congregation is forbidden to enter the implementation area;
6. Impose distance restrictions, at least 1 meter, by giving a special mark;
7. Shorten the implementation of Eid al-Adha prayer and preaching without prejudice to the terms and the pillars;
8. Do not solicit donations by passing the box, as there will be movements of the hand and prone to transmission of viruses;
9. Organizers are obliged to convey encouragement to the community about the health protocols that apply to follow the activities of Eid al-Adha prayer, including:
-Congregation must be in healthy
-Carrying prayer mats or mats
-Wearing masks since leaving home until during the prayer location
-Keep the hand clean by often washing hands with soap or handsanitizer
-Avoiding physical contact like shake hand or hug
-Keep the distance between the congregations at least 1 meter